Sunday, January 31, 2021

The Top 2020 Growth Tree Blog Entries

 

I have never had more difficulty writing content for The Growth Tree than I did in 2020. The repercussions of COVID-19 and the magnification of racial inequity were disruptive and dominant thoughts that narrowed both my focus and efforts. For me, like everyone, it was tough to comprehend and accept a pandemic that jilted life as we know it; forcing everyone to have the some daily objective: to stay safe (i.e., coronavirus free).

Unfortunately, racial and socioeconomic disparities, which have existed for eons, became more pronounced when resources and support to reach those daily objectives were exposed in the media. George Floyd's death was the stem on a time bomb that has been waiting to explode for a long, long time. His murder, the resulting protests, and the psychosocial ramifications of the pandemic knocked the world of of its axis in a way that I've never seen.

I could have written a blog posting every week on some aspect of what I was both witnessing and feeling, but instead I decided to take notes and use them to sharpen the tools in the psychology toolbox that I access when writing this blog and engaging in the coaching, counseling, and professional development activities that I've been committed to for over three decades.

I'm excited and motivated to facilitate not only growth, but healing that is needed in the world, one blog entry at a time. But before going forward, here's a quick look back on what resonated with Growth Tree readers during 2020, the year of the coronavirus and civil chaos.



Have a great new year filled with growth!

No comments:

Post a Comment