Friday, February 11, 2011

Why We Love...And Cheat

What I remember most about my freshman year of college was taking fascinating psych courses. The one I found particularly enjoyable was a pilot course called "The Psychology of Male/Female Relationships." It was there that I discovered (allegedly) that the top causes of divorce were money, sex, and in-laws.

I came to my own conclusion that part of the problem with marriages (from an evolved male perspective) is that men tend to view girlfriends and wives quite differently. That was years ago. Since then, I discovered the work of prominent anthropologist and author of Why We Love, Helen Fisher, who really offers some intellectual, biological, and evolutionary insights into love, sex, and mating. Check out her TED Talk below.


No comments:

Post a Comment